On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Al Sutton <a...@funkyandroid.com> wrote:

> My mistake. Dianne is completely correct.
>
> I'd (wrongly) assumed that as eclipse can run apps on the G1 without
> explicitly going through a signing process adb could do the same.

To be clear, Eclipse cannot run apps on the G1 without signing them.
All it does is use a debug keystore with a known password to
automatically sign applications for debugging.

As for the original question, there are some cases where you
absolutely want to test your app with the release key.
For instance:
- you are using maps (you need to make sure you properly updated the
maps apiKey to match your release certificate).
- you have 2 apps that talks to each other using signature-level permissions.

Xav