I don't necessarily agree with the above statement. Having to just "accept
things" for what they are is completely inconsistent with the definition of
a singleTop activity documentation.

If android must revive activities A and B, where B is singleTop and is
currently on the TOP of the stack (per documentation) the same instance
should be reused and a new one should not be created.

Unless the above behavior is only caused due to the fact I kill the process
through DDMS, then this a bug.

The XDA forum thread did help a bit understanding the internals but in 31
pages it is kind of hard to identify what you mean.

Thanks.