On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM, dnkoutso <dnkou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't necessarily agree with the above statement. Having to just "accept
> things" for what they are is completely inconsistent with the definition of
> a singleTop activity documentation.
>
> If android must revive activities A and B, where B is singleTop and is
> currently on the TOP of the stack (per documentation) the same instance
> should be reused and a new one should not be created.
>
> Unless the above behavior is only caused due to the fact I kill the
> process through DDMS, then this a bug.

I would suspect that this is indeed the case.

> The XDA forum thread did help a bit understanding the internals but in 31
> pages it is kind of hard to identify what you mean.

Did you pull out the source?   I would say that anyone pointing fingers at
the framework should have a point in the framework ready to comment on, and
you can find the view handler and inspect its implementation.  There
certainly might be a bug in the *documentation*, but I would be hesitant on
blaming the framework unless you can provide firm evidence in the source
tree.  (At which point, I would of course admit my incorrectness on this,
and you would submit a patch :-).

kris