kris,

Thanks for your comments. By saying "just a 'social app discovery'
service" you imply that app discovery is not important to you. How
would you rate app discovery with respect to other developer concerns?
My main point of my original post was to gauge interest. I don't mind
having a technical debate but if I am trying to build something no one
wants then the technical discussions are pointless.

As a mobile developer here are my major concerns:

App discoverability
Can’t do true A/B Testing on a mobile platform. I want the ability to
push different versions of my app to a subset of my users and gauge
their usage. Pre-baking multiple version of an app to be distributed
is a pretty poor way to do A/B Testing in my opinion.
Getting valuable metrics from mobile platforms is difficult. You have
to know what your looking for before deployment and instrument your
app accordingly which is usually done poorly as an after though.

Kenneth