On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Markus Unger
<markus.unger1...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The method "requestLocationUpdates"
>
> public void requestLocationUpdates (String provider, long minTime,
> float minDistance, LocationListener listener)
>
> has minTime and a minDistance. So if I would say
>
> requestLocationUpdates ("gps", 1000l * 60l * 5l, 0, new
> LocationListener....);
>
> I will receiver every 5 Minutes a location or? I know that it can be
> longer... But could it be shorter?
>
> Currently I do it every 5 Minutes with 0 Meters and I receive
> sometimes 50 Locations in a minute.. it wait's and I get 10-20 Seconds
> later the next, then 40 Seconds...
>
> But it is definitely NOT every 5 Minutes or longer...
>
> Thanks for help!
> Regards, Markus

The docs say:

minTime the minimum time interval for notifications, in milliseconds.
This field is only used as a hint to conserve power, and actual time
between location updates may be greater or lesser than this value.

In practice this is just that, a hint, you can look through the
LocationManager implementation if you'd like to find out exactly why
this happening, but I wouldn't worry about it too much, what are you
worried about?

If you only need the location at very coarse intervals, have you
thought of using requestSingleUpdate, then waiting some long amount of
time?

Here you have much better control over the temporal distribution of
your updates.

(I'm assuming you're concerned about power usage..)

Kris