> I don't think it's "not applicable in real life" so much
> as "the people writing the paper were more concerned with
> getting the ideas of their research across than writing an
> implementation for you to use..." a good amount of the time.
> (Though that point is obviously contentious, your statement
> is a trivialization of the point..)

This is an interesting subject to discuss, but not in this list. If
you are interested to share your opinion and experiences on this we
can exchange opinions through a private conversation. With all due
respect to the people in academia who contribute to science (well,
only a minority does this) a good amount of them are just playing with
the parameters of approaches of star players.

Ali Chousein
Weather-Buddy
http://weatherbuddy.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/weather_buddy
Geo-Filtered Assistant