I believe that Mark Murphy (and others, he is just who I remember
answering this) details the things wrong with these sorts of things,
but they basically boil down to: this is a hack (even catching the
home key in the "old way" has been fixed on newer devices) and
catching a broadcast intent and trying to lock the screen can be
defeated by starting the phone in "safe mode" and unloading the app.

Kris