Hello Mark,

Nope.
            for (int i=0;i<numRows;i++) {
                // If it is the 2nd or 5th item, tag it so that it will be
displayed in blue.
                if (i==2 || i==5) {
                        listCount = adapter.getCount();
                        count = theList.getCount();
                        fooView = (View) theList.getItemAtPosition(i);
//                      fooView.setTag(99);
                }

i=2, listCount = 6 and count = 6.  The listview stored in theList is
functional, since it retuns the result provided by getCount.  It is
also in agreement with the array adapter count.
theList.getItemAtPositon(5) should either return the item or null.  It
raises and exception.  That is a bug.

Once again, the docs say:
=========================
public Object getItemAtPosition (int position)

Since: API Level 1
Gets the data associated with the specified position in the list.
Parameters

position        Which data to get
Returns

The data associated with the specified position in the list

===============

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/5 John Davis <davi...@gmail.com>:
>> The only exception which i can find is
>> javalang.unsupportedOperationException.
>> as I was saying the api has a bug. The docs say you can get the data,
>> when you try to so you get an exception. Either the docs are incorrect
>> or its a bug.
>
> Yes, it is a bug in your code. My guess is that you are asking for an
> invalid position, perhaps because numRows is greater than getCount().
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy
>
> Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!

John F. Davis

独树一帜