Hi Mark,

I pieced together an example to post and eventually was able to reproduce the
behavior I was seeing.  I had a nested layout and within my layout I was
including the initial list fragment.  When I removed the fragment entry from
the layout markup and subsequently added it to the container in the onCreate of
the parent activity everything works smoothly now.  Not sure if this is related
to the compatibility library or not, but the issue seems to be resolved by

Nick Parker