On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Doug <beafd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably every major app that requires backend support will have
> created their own backend and protocol for interacting with it.  It's
> not a problem, it's just work.  I solve it just like I would any Java
> app that has Apache HTTPClient available.  In fact, my Java code for
> dealing with backend stuff is pure java that I can use in any Java
> context, given HTTPClient and other pure java libs as infrastructure.
> The only extra stuff I have to do in the Android side is use loaders
> and some special configuration.
>
> Doug

Right, right.  I don't think that this is extremely Android specific,
but I think that Android apps are much more likely to do restful
communication with a backend than standard apps.  Maybe this hasn't
been your experience, but it's been mine.  (And that could just be
because of the types of apps I write.)  Thanks for your input, though,
I do suspect that major apps all roll their own.

kris