RPC and REST are both used to implement Web services, and that's where the
semantic similarities end.  I only brought it up because Amazon touts
DynamoDB as REST, but it's anything but.  I find it aggravating when some
noob creates a Web service and slaps a REST label on it because he read an
article about it, but doesn't understand what it means.  Even worse, Amazon
does have experience creating actual REST services, so you would think
someone there would have stopped the announcement and corrected the online
docs and marketing blurbs.

Man, I gotta cut back on the caffeine...

Okay, back to Android...