On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM, awtDroid <andyturne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a large OEM app running on a custom tablet-like display, so
> it's not going on the market and has nothing to do with a cellphone.

That does not change the way Android works.

> Our current system uses a single exe and multiple dll's which all
> create widgets from a shared widget library.  So currently we can make
> a change to only one of the dll's, which could change the widgets
> owned by this dll, without rebuilding the exe and other dll's.  With
> Android everything is packaged into a single APK.  Within this APK we
> could have multiple jar's, however making a UI change to one of the
> jars would require the whole APK be rebuilt, if I understand this
> correctly.

Correct. This should take a handful of seconds, can be automated by
any number of means, etc. The time spent actually creating the APK
should be negligible compared to the time it takes your test suite to
run on the modified result, just as time required to copy one DLL over
another should be negligible compared to the time it takes your test
suite to run on the modified result.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in NYC: http://marakana.com/training/android/