thank you, Chris.
I want to put on some color/style of text for individual characters to
be displayed. I am using  EditText.append() method (as u suggested).
But all characters go to buffer and after all processing ,whatever
style/color is attached with last characters : all the characters in
buffer are displayed on screen with that style/color.
But i need different style/color for different characters. Could you
please help me solve this problem?