Hi,

I created a service to read information from the serial port. I start
a thread that actually does all the reading from the serial port. It
runs for about 10 minutes and then it just stops. No exceptions
thrown, no errors on logcat.

The question is - how i can make sure that the thread keeps running?

Another solution was to do it with a handler and run the read from
serial port every second. Unfortunately that blocked the whole
application and it was hanging.
I do create a WakeLock on service create, so it doesnt stop because of
device being locked.

If someone has any idea how to make it work Id be very greatful.

So basically i need to make service that constantly reads from serial
port.