I have an app that is trying to log into a site and get the cookie then
show me the cookie in a toast but most of the time it fails to get the
cookie, is there some timeout issue here or something im hitting?

here is my code

    public void showPage(){
    try{
    String server = settings.getString("server", "");
    String user = settings.getString("username", "");
    String passwd = settings.getString("passwd", "");
    WebView webview = new WebView(this);
    WebSettings webSettings = webview.getSettings();
    webSettings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
    setContentView(webview);
    String credUrl =
"http://"+server+"/services.php?sname=LoginService&username="+user+"&rawpassword="+passwd;
    CookieSyncManager syncMgr =
CookieSyncManager.createInstance(webview.getContext());
    CookieSyncManager.getInstance();
    CookieManager cookieManager = CookieManager.getInstance();
    String rawCookie = cookieManager.getCookie(credUrl);
    mes(rawCookie);
    }catch(Exception e){
    mes("err3: "+e.toString());
    }