Intent picMessageIntent = new Intent(android.content.Intent.ACTION_SEND);
picMessageIntent.putExtra("address", "Some Numbers");
picMessageIntent.setType("image/jpeg");
picMessageIntent.putExtra("sms_body", "Some Text");
picMessageIntent.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM, Uri.fromFile(file));
picMessageIntent.setPackage("com.android.mms");

Yes, I understand now that the package may not be there in a device, so it
is giving a chooser.

Is there a way to find the default messaging application or the built-in
messaging, and set its package in the intent above?