A particular receiver can only process one broadcast at a time.  As each
broadcast happens, it is processed to determine the targets it should go
to, and dispatched into the message queue for each target.  When a later
broadcast is sent, it will generally not be moved ahead of the queue.

For the screen on/off broadcasts, you can rely on the most recent broadcast
you get being the current state of the screen. once everything has settled
down.  You can't rely on ordering with any other broadcasts, or other
broadcast receivers that may also be receiving the broadcasts.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:49 AM, Put_tiMe <putt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a class which is derived from 'BroadcastReceiver'.
> Here I've signed up for screen-off, screen-on, battery-changed and
> user-present intents.
>
> I want to know how my class receives messages.
>
> Are they received in the order they were raised?
>
> Or is there a chance that messages could arrive out of order.
>
> Ex. assume the screen was on. Now I switch it off, and immediately switch
> it back on. Then I switch it off immediately. Then I switch it on
> immediately.
> I'm talking about this whole sequence of events happening in less than a
> second.
>
> In this case will I be receiving the messages in this order:
> 1. Off
> 2. On
> 3. Off
> 4. On
>

> Is there any chance they can be out of order?
>

> Thanks

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com