On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Rob Jackson <robjackso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on an article about app developers selling their apps/games to
> larger companies for Phandroid.com and hoping some developers here may be
> able to offer some insight. If you have any experience, insight, stories to
> share, or people to refer, please respond here or shoot me an E-Mail at rob
> (at) phandroid (.) com
>
> Some specific questions I have:
>
>    - Does Google currently facilitate the transfer of acquired apps/games
>    from one developer account to another?

Yes. Go to
http://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/bin/request.py?contact_type=publishingand
select "Transfer applications to another account" -- They're pretty
quick to get this process complete (1-2d at most in my experience)

>    - If so, what are the requirements?

Just fill out in the form

>    - If not, is this something Google may plan for the future?
>    - Does Google recommend any "best practices" for Android Developers so
>    that they may one day sell their app with minimal complications? Perhaps
>    creating a separate dev account for each account, or signing each app with
>    a different key, or any other practices?

I personally recommend that you make a different alias for each of your
apps, but ultimately as long as someone doesn't have access to your account
they cannot upload a new version of your application, signed or not. I also
recommend that if you're selling your application you set up a contract
that limits the distribution of your signature and also makes it so you can
litigate if they attempt any access on your developer account.

>    - Can a developer change the signing key of an app upon request or
>    through any automated means?

No.