I'm not saying you dreamed those up, sorry, no offence meant.

But since we seem to be discussing memory usage, not disk usage, the compressed size is irrelevant.

And 5 megapixels at RGB_8888 is 32 bits per pixel or 20 megabytes in RAM, if stored as an uncompressed pixel array.

-- K

On 04/19/2012 02:07 AM, Jim Graham wrote:
>  Not 750 kB and 1.1 MB.
And since he'd referred to JPG sizes, that's what*I*  was referring to,
not bitmap sizes (I think I included bitmap sizes in there, as well, but
specified bitmap, not jpeg.  And yes, I did two samples, one at each
resolution, both saved as a JPG, and those WERE the respective file
sizes.  I didn't just dream those up.  Oh, and*NONE*  of the photos
I've taken, even at 5 MP, ended up being 15 MB jpegs (at least, none
so far).