Without any provocation, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 began to be stuck in a reboot
loop this morning. Since this is a common device among Android developers,
perhaps some of you have already dealt with this problem.

It displays the Samsung name, then the swirly logo, then the Samsung name,
then the swirly logo . . .

adb says the device is complaining about, among other things,  a Read Only
file system.

I haven't rooted, changed bootloaders, installed custom roms or anything of
the sort. The last over the air update was last August, I believe.

Thinking I may need to flash firmware any way, I followed the instructions
at this page:
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/android-3-2-1-update-for-galaxy-tab-10-1-is-out/

All appeared to go well.
After that, the tablet boots as follows:
Shows Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 label.
Shows a think bar of static and stays there for a few minutes
It displays the Samsung name, then the swirly logo, then the Samsung name,
then the swirly logo . . .

I don't know how to make the file system be not Read Only.

Has the device bricked itself? Have I bricked it? This sure seems like a
hardware problem if it survived a firmware update.

Alas, my Tab 10.1, it was fun while it lasted. But at just a year old, it
didn't last long.

Nathan