I think now u undrstood my problem???

That's pretty much what I guessed, but it was best to check.

In your onPostExecute(), which you say is getting called (which we know is true, since you see list items), you have:

OnItemClickListener li=lv.getOnItemClickListener();
Log.i("LOGCAT", "View " +li);

Can you confirm that *that* gets recorded in the LogCat? Since this is before you try to set a new click handler, it *should* be recorded. Can you confirm that you only see it *once* during execution? I can't see why it might happen more than once, but given a recent thread about views being recycled, I would like to check that we're not dealing with some weird thing like that here.

Please show us the code for setListAdapter() and getListView().