Move all of the common code to a library project. You will need two
different package names to upload the apps still, but it will save you from
having two different projects altogether.

Thanks

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Balint Farago <balintfar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Your pro version must have a different package name from the free one.
> This means, when the users download the pro version, they will also have
> the free version installed on their phone.
> This is how I usually do it and have not found other ways yet, i guess
> this is the general solution.
>
> 2012/5/17 Kaptkaos <kaptkao...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all,
>>     I have a free version of my app posted on Google Play. I have had
>> some demand to provide a paid version also. When I tried ti upload the APK
>> for the paid version, Google Play complained because it used the same
>> package name as the free version.
>>
>>    What is the recommended way to handle this? Obviously the free and
>> paid version are very similar in their code base. I don't want to maintain
>> 2 different projects if I can help it. Any recommendations for solving this
>> problem? Is there a standard way to organize projects to achieve this goal?
>>
>>    Many thanks in advance!
>>
>> - Kaos
>>
>> --
>

>  --

Raghav Sood
Please do not email private questions to me as I do not have time to answer
them. Instead, post them to public forums where others and I can answer and
benefit from them.
http://www.appaholics.in/ - Founder
http://www.apress.com/9781430239451 - Author
+91 81 303 77248