On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Latimerius <l4t1m3r...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Kostya Vasilyev <kmans...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > ... but also keep in mind that Linux (and other Unixes, AFAIK) allows for
> > currently open files to be deleted, deferring the deallocation of actual
> > backing bits in the file system until all references have been closed.
> Yeah, I know, a standard idiom using temporary files actually relies
> on this, I was just pondering how come someone has (tens of) my asset
> files open that I myself haven't touched.

There aren't tens of files open, there is one file -- the .apk.  All
"files" you are talking about are just entries inside of that zip file.

What you are indeed seeing is just standard Linux filesystem semantics
where the storage for a deleted file is not reclaimed until nothing is
using it any more.  In this case, creating the Context on the .apk has
opened that .apk for read access, and the Linux filesystem will not allow
its storage to be removed until it is closed.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.