On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 12:13:58PM -0400, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
> You shouldn't need macports to get it, as far as I remember.  I set up
> the ecosystem on the platform yesterday, and everything seemed to
> work.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1577014/how-install-a-specific-jdk-on-mac-os-x

Yeah, I read that.

> I.e., it should just be there.

It is...I have javac 1.6.0_31.  But what version of the Java JDK is
that?  Or does it even matter for Macs?  Serious question...I really
don't know.  I do seem to recall reading that Java 7 doesn't work
right with Android development, and that's behind my asking all of
this.

Along with that, when installing Eclipse, the SDK and NDK, etc., what
paths do I need to set, and which paths are handled on their own (i.e.,
by Eclipse, etc.)?

I really want to get this right the first time and avoid the frustration
that would otherwise be caused when things don't "just work" ....

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html