It probably won't be supported soon for multitude of reasons. Simply
set compiler compliance to 1.6 in Eclipse and live without funky Java
7 features.

I know, it is not, what you asked for, but features of Java 7 are a
bit more than the nice way of representing numerals.

Have a look here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/jdk7-relnotes-418459.html

... that's quite a lot to port to Dalvik (even when only looking at
HotSpot and language changes).

Bear in mind that many new things in Java7 are possible specifically
because the platforms that Java7 addresses have different (much more
relaxed) constraints compared even to 4 core 1GB RAM mobile device.

For example InvokeDynamic allows JVM to run trully dynamic languages,
which are high productivity and all that, but cost in terms of
processing and memory.

Technicalities aside, remember that Google and Oracle only finished
one big lawsuit. I don't think big G would like to have another one on
their hands just yet.

Daniel

On 13 June 2012 15:06, bob <b...@coolfone.comze.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use this notation in my code:
>
> int x = 5_000_000;
>
> So, I need Java 1.7.
>
> However, I get this error:
>
> [2012-06-13 09:01:43 - wall] Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0
> or 6.0. Found '1.7' instead. Please use Android Tools > Fix Project
> Properties.
>
> Any thoughts on this?  Will 1.7 probably be supported soon?

Daniel Drozdzewski