>> I have a program that fails to start.  When I remove this line of code
>> from the startup it starts with out error...
>> db = SQLiteDatabase.openOrCreateDatabase(data, cf);
>>
>> data is a file that has been made, I have tried multiple locations
>> none worked.

And those locations are...what?

>> This worked perfectly before
>> version 1.0 and also when put in a try/catch statement still errors
>> out.

And the errors are...what?

>> It is the process has stopped unexpectedly error.

And the error log (as seen through adb logcat, DDMS, or Eclipse) showed
you...what?

MaxImUmZ wrote:
> Sorry, I should have also made it clear that more things do not throw
> permissions exceptions.

And these things are...what?

> Moving up to 1.0 I have noticed a lot of
> things that simply fail and when trying to catch the exceptions
> nothing is being thrown.

And these things are...what?

> These problems were all solved by uses-
> permissions nodes in the Manifest, but I think if a program doesn't
> have the proper permissions to do something it should be made clearer
> rather than just closing, or am I missing something?

To be honest, we are missing a lot of pieces of the puzzle we would need
in order to be able to assist you.

If the program is crashing, by whatever means, there should be a Java
stack trace in the error log. Look at that, and it may give you clues as
to what is going wrong. If it does not make sense, post it here, along
with more code around the point of the error (e.g., the whole onCreate()
or wherever the one line of code you cited is).

To get back to your first point, database files belong in:

/data/data/your.package.here/databases

(where your.package.here is the Java package you declared in
AndroidManifest.xml)

Give us more concrete stuff to work with, and we can perhaps give you
more concrete suggestions for how to get past your problem(s).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com