Hi,
     I am using PackageManager API to disable some component.

ComponentName name = new ComponentName(context, className);
className ==> the class object of the class i wanted to disable.
This class is my Home category with higher priority than Homescreen app.

Now while disabling the class i wanted to give flag
PackageManager.DONT_KILL_APP because i do not want all the activities
running in that package to die immediately.
pm.setComponentEnabledSetting(name,
PackageManager.COMPONENT_ENABLED_STATE_DISABLED,
PackageManager.DONT_KILL_APP);

Now if i upgrade my phone with BOTA package placed in SD card and when
my phone boots up, i see that my componet(className)  got enabled and
my class is recieving the Home Intent instead of the actual HomeScreen
app.

All my settings and userdata is still persisting. Why the component
gets enabled after upgrade ??? I think its not the behaviour  that is
expected. The component should still be disabled.

Thanks,
Sudeep