> Flag for setApplicationEnabledSetting(String, int, int) and
> setComponentEnabledSetting(ComponentName, int, int): This component or
> application has been explicitly disabled, regardless of what it has
> specified in its manifest.
> Constant Value: 2 (0x00000002)

FWIW this does not say anything about the behavior of setting this flag and
then upgrading... When I read this I took it to mean that it will override
the value of the manifest file of an already installed app.

There is no state mentioned in manifest for the upgraded component, it
> should be in Disabled state until user enables it or Factory reset of
> phone is done.

Why?  I didn't read it that way.  I agree that it is not well-defined, but
the docs do not say that this should be the case.

Please can anybody help to understand why component got enabled after
> BOTA upgrade. Is it a bug in android framework ?? or I am missing
> something here?

It might be a bug... But based on how I read the docs it wouldn't be.
Based on how you interpreted them, it would be a bug.

I'm not saying your wrong (you very well may be right).  I'm just saying
that I interpreted the docs differently...

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware