Unless you bake your own proprietary ROM/image for these phone, it is not
possible.

You can't run a service in the background without the being unable to find
out. It is always discoverable and it can be terminated.

Second of all, you'd need a device with a hell of a battery. The constant
drain from the GPS device and the radio will make sure that the phone's
battery is dead in no time.