>> On Sunday, July 1, 2012 12:26:01 AM UTC-7, Romain Guy (Google) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How exactly are you uploading the texture on that other platform? Are you
>>> simply doing an eglMakeCurrent() to reassign the GL context to another
>>> thread or are you using an EGLImage?

How would you reassing a GL context to another thread using
eglMakeCurrent()?  Just by calling

eglMakeCurrent (eglGetCurrentDisplay(), EGL_NO_SURFACE,
EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL_NO_CONTEXT);

in the current owner thread and making an eglMakeCurrent() call with
valid surface and context parameters in the new owner thread?

I'm not sure if I understand the OP's problem correctly, but would
this help him?

Cheers!