I've got an app in the market which uses the accessibility service. For it
to work correctly in Jelly bean I need to add
the android.permission.BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE permission to the service
declaration in the android manifest file.

Doing this is fine and gets things working for jelly bean, but then going
back to my gingerbread Nexus One, it ends up crashing with the following
error:

07-15 22:15:56.090: E/ACRA(1168): Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Not
allowed to start service Intent { cmp=com.example/.MainRunningService (has
extras) } without permission android.permission.BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE

I can't think how to get around this. Any suggestions. I would have thought it
would have got silently ignored in older builds.