If you specifically want to play a YouTube video, you need to register
as a YouTube developer to get the keys you need to access the Gdata
feeds.

I think that the Cupcake release will support a new intent for playing
YouTube videos with the YouTube app, but it will be some time before
that feature makes it into an SDK or actual device. That would remove
the need for getting the developer keys.

Aside from that, playing a YT video is no different than any other
HTTP streamed video. You just pass the URL through setDataSource and
the media player does the rest.