I was actually confused by the docs for that method call as well.  I wasn't
sure what was meant by *clip*.  I guess they mean "*clipping region*",
which I guess is a rectangle.

I was under a serious time constraint when I first looked into this.  I was
afraid clip might have referred to some image and that the method could be
rather slow if it is saving some image.