Right, so since it targets a very old SDK, you're saying they should be
able to simply access the menus through an option in the system bar.  In
other words, these people don't know how to use their tablets; their
problem has nothing to do with my app being incompatible with their device,
or even necessarily that my app is poorly designed.  They just don't know
how to find the menu button on their own device, right?

I'm just verifying, that's what you're saying right?  I mean, I don't need
to change anything about my app to make it work properly, they just need to
use the system bar to access the menus and they haven't learned that trick
yet.  Is that basically correct?

Thanks.