Well, that's fair.  I'm not denying the the current release is a little old
and targets older SDKs.  The app could certainly benefit from some sprucing
up.  However, I wanted to verify whether the app *should* essentially work
on modern hardware given that some users were emailing me saying they
didn't know how to access the menus.  There's a big difference between
saying I ought to update my app when I get a chance to keep things smooth
and modern and saying the app is effectively broken on modern hardware and
won't work  until I release an emergency patch to get it going again.

I was just trying to get a better picture of the circumstances.  I *think*
this discussion has cleared it up, and I *think* my app should be working
on modern devices, albeit through an OS sidedoor meant as a temporary fix
until older apps are updated.  I'll have to try to find a Nexus to test it
on myself to be absolutely certain of the circumstances.

Thanks again.