For reference, I replied to the Topic Poster, but here is what I provided
him with:
------

OK, I see that you are using eclipse 4.2.1 so it is not an eclipse version
issue.
Can you verify that you have a proper jdk from apple installed, since you
are using 10.5.8.
One issue I'm familiar with on 10.5.8 is that even if you download and
install jdk6, it won't be set as default.
Referencing this post from a blogger I know, try this after you install
jdk6 either with system updates or by downloading from apple;

Open terminal:
cd /System/Library/Framework/JavaVM.framework/Versions
sudo rm -fr CurrentJDK
sudo ln -s 1.6 CurrentJDK

Then close that terminal instance, open a new one and run;
java -version

If it reports 1.6.0.xx and eclipse can't load the android ask let me know,
since the issue is elsewhere.

----

If this applies to you, please go ahead and follow those steps.