My current project is about 80K lines of code, a fair amount of resources,
and produces ~ 2M APK file.

Building in Eclipse takes 5-10-15 seconds and launching is almost instant
(2-3 seconds).

These are the things that I believe are important:

- I'm on Linux (Debian / Wheezy, 64 bits, Liquorix kernel, XFCE, if that
matters... don't think it does)

- My Eclipse memory settings (in eclipse.ini) are significantly increased
compared to the defaults, letting Eclipse use up to 2G of RAM.

It doesn't matter how many petabytes of RAM you've got if Eclipse is only
allowed to use 512M (I believe that's the default)

- My projects (and everything else, really... except the backups) are on
SSDs (this makes a difference, but not ground-shaking), no fancy file
systems, just ext4

- The system has a Core i7-3770, 8G of RAM, which is sort of middle of the
line by today's standards... The previous one had an Core i7 860 and 4G of
RAM, and was almost just as fast.

If I were to pick the most important points from the above, they would be:
1) Develop on Linux 2) Adjust Eclipse memory settings.

Still, I would really like to see faster dexing and multi-threaded image
crunching...

-- K