Is it possible something else on the device is occasionally sending data
and reseting your window?

I would look in the log for the timestamp of the ConnectivityChanged
broadcast and then check the radio log and see what's going on.

I suspect there is an unsolicited data call list notification coming from
the radio showing that the data call has gone away.  Perhaps just before
that there may be something explaining why.

You may have to contact samsung if you're sure that other devices have
longer connection times on the same carrier.