So, the NDK stuff is pretty simply if your project is created in an "NDK
Friendly" way.  That is, you have a folder called "jni" and in that folder
you have an Android.mk and an Application.mk file.  Basically the process
documented here (
http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html#GetStarted).  If
that's the case then the NDK integration is pretty easy, although it
doesn't have much to do with Intellij as such.

You have two options:

1. Create an ANT script that simply calls the ndk-build executable.  For
example:

<project name="ndk" default="ndk-build">

    <property file="../local.properties" />

    <target name="ndk-build">
        <exec executable="${ndk.dir}/ndk-build" failonerror="true"/>
    </target>

    <target name="ndk-clean">
        <exec executable="${ndk.dir}/ndk-build" failonerror="true">
            <arg value="clean"/>
        </exec>
    </target>

</project>

(ndk.dir is just the path where the NDK is installed)

2.  Configure an "External Tool" in intellij.  Here's an example:
http://cl.ly/image/3n020g1S1v1H

In either case you can configure them to run after or before a project
build or before running the project.

As for the OpenCV question (assuming you're referring to the fact that this
is C++) then this is where intellij falls down a little.  I have a similar
issue with Box2D and my solution is to run a separate eclipse for this, but
the eclipse is a pure CDT flavor.  If you ONLY run CDT (and download the
CDT version of eclipse rather than stuffing the CDT plugin into an other
version) then it all runs pretty smoothly and actually doesn't seem to use
much memory.

One of the wonderful things about Intellij is also that it automatically
picks up changes on the file system (something eclipse has never done).  So
if I change a .cpp file and rebuild within CDT but the time a flick back to
intellij it's already updated itself and I'm good to go.

I'll admit it's not ideal having two separate IDE's, but in many ways it
makes more sense.  Not to mention that it (so far) has lead to far fewer
headaches.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 02:32:57PM -0700, bob wrote:
> >

> > I tried intelliJ on Mac yesterday, and it *was* a hassle telling it where
> > the JDK and Android SDK were.
> >
> > I'm not even sure how I got past that part.  A lot of fiddling and
> googling
> > were involved.
>
> I just downloaded it and got started with it---it seemed to find the JDK
> was on its own, so I let it go with that.  As for the SDK, I just
> selected ~/Android/android-sdk-macosx and it figured it out.  Guess I
> got lucky (that, or it's not going to work right).
>
> What I haven't figured out is how to
>
>    A) get it to recognize the NDK
>    B) get it to use ~/Android/workspace/OpenCV-2.4.1
>
> If anyone can either help me with these or point me towards the
> appropriate FM so I can RTFM, I'd appreciate it.  I did find some forum
> pages saying it's not supported, but they were all over a year old,
> so....
>
> > Anyhow, it is working now, and the fonts are pretty nice on Mac.  I'd
> say I
> > prefer them over Eclipse.
>
> I saw a video on the UI designer, and it looks pretty nice....
>
> Later,
>    --jim
>
> --
> THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >
> spooky1...@gmail.com ICBM/Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W
>
>            In light of DHS's recommendation to defend yourself
>             against armed intruders with scissors, I'm giving
>                  my deer rifle a new nickname: Scissors.

> ---
> Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/android-developers/03O6rEVdXCY/unsubscribe?hl=en
> .
> android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.