First, no Google Play employee is going to respond to your inquiry here.
Try the support channel off Google Play.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM, AndroidYourself <mon...@2aba.de> wrote:

> I've an app in the google play store with a lot functions (paid app since
> 2 years), but after 2 years I want to release a new app as "Pro" version
> (also a paid app) with a lot new features.
>
> Is that allowed? Or do I have to update the old app with all the new
> features?

I'm no authority, but I highly doubt you're going to be suspended for
publishing this "pro" app. The spam policy, I believe, is more directed at
developers that post crap like picture packs, where it clearly would
suffice to have a single app with a lot of content instead of multiple
nearly-identical apps.

That said ... so you're saying that any user that wants those new features
and already supported you by buying the original app has to pay again and
have a secondary app installed? That, sir, is a *dick move* (pardon my
French) and will likely earn your current app quite a backlash.

If you want to pursue this strategy, I would suggest you update your
current version with these new features and jack up your price when you do
so, then release you secondary app as your "lite' version and have it be a
snapshot of what your current version is now.

This way, your existing users who have already paid for the app get the
update and features without being screwed over, but any new customers have
their option between this pricier "pro" version and the original cheaper
version.

---
"Android Developers" group.