On 07/31/2013 02:40 PM, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
You're wrong about calling it fragmentation: fragmentation means there
are n versions of Android, and you have to consider that.

What Omer is saying is that there are actually x >> n "versions" of
Android, when you take into account all of the vendor ROMs, with their
long list of bugs.

I know, I just used the term Fragmentation because that's the term Omer used ("unofficial" fragmentation) in the first message.

So it's not about fragmentation, except for in the latter sense.

I also disagree that starting an issue database will help anyone.
Telling developers to worry about 900 bugs their app may need to worry
about when they can't test on the individual devices isn't really a
solution.

Ok, then what you suggest?