On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM, gauri <gauri.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The android app downloaded/purchased from Google Play is stored in
> "/data/app" directory.
> Does Play Store or android system modify the apk after download?

Not for free apps.

> When I purchase it from Play store, after my app launch, digest verification
> is getting failed.
> I found that the message digest which I have stored in app and the digest
> which I am calculating at run time are differing.

On 4.1+, paid apps are forward locked by default, which is implemented
by splitting the APK in a public (in /data/app) and private part
(in /data/app-asec). You are most probably calculating the hash of the
public part only, hence the mismatch. If you have a rooted device
you can verify by searching for you package name in /data/app-asec.

---
"Android Developers" group.