I think you're right Kristopher that there is something in the TOS.  But,
seeing as how we all know Google can decompile any app it gets anyway I
think there's also something in the TOS that binds Google to protecting
your intellectual property.

But hey - if it prevents people from swiping a paid app then I'm all for
that kind of thing.

I believe Google and Amazon have invested quite a bit of money to protect
apps.

Richard

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 1:47:55 PM UTC-7, Kristopher Micinski wrote:

> If the stores do this, they probably say so in their TOS, it seems legally
> dubious to modify your app without your consent.
>
> Kris
>

> On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Richard Schilling
> <coder...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> It's possible that some stores will modify your app to add some Digital
>> Rights Management checks to help prevent hacking.  You might have to look
>> into the Android Source code to see what happens.  There is a DRM package
>> in the API:
>>
>> http://developer.android.com/reference/android/drm/package-summary.html
>>

>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> On Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:27:36 AM UTC-7, gauri wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The android app downloaded/purchased from Google Play is stored in
>>> "/data/app" directory.
>>> Does Play Store or android system modify the apk after download?
>>> I have calculated message digest of apk before it's upload to Play store.
>>> I am calculating message digest of the downloaded apk (present at
>>> /data/app) and verifying it with the digest stored in my app.
>>> When I purchase it from Play store, after my app launch, digest
>>> verification is getting failed.
>>> I found that the message digest which I have stored in app and the
>>> digest which I am calculating at run time are differing.
>>> Am I going in right direction?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>  --
>> ---