On Oct 18, 2013, at 10:40 AM, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Bradley O'Hearne
> So my question -- how can I get an indeterminate ProgressBar to spin when
> hidden/displayed again after the first time?
>
> I tried a simple example of showing / hiding a progress bar (on click of a
> button) and it continues to spin as expected. I would assume your issue is
> due to a bug somewhere in your code that is not shown here.

TreKing -- thanks for the reply. Your assertion is probably correct, however
finding what it is -- easier said than done. However, I've done everything I
know how to guarantee this thing is on the UI thread, so I'm curious as to what
in principle would block animation if the change WAS on the UI thread, and the
method returned immediately. Since you apparently have an example which works,
would you mind posting your code? Then I could examine what deltas there were
and perhaps narrow down the culprit.

> I would boil your issue down to it's simplest form: hide and show the
> progress bar with a button and make sure that works. Then incrementally add
> code to get back to where it is now. Somewhere along the way you're doing
> something that's causing the animation to stop.

Thanks for the advice….been doing that for hours, but perhaps I need to take a
bigger scalpel to it.

> Also double check logcat for any warnings or errors that might be buried in
> there.

No errors….just weird behavior.

Thx,

Brad