Just for the record Piren now that this bug has actually been verified by
others, not just argued without testing,

I didn't insulted anyone, and didn't go into rhetoric. The original post is
pretty clear and shows extract on actual Android dev documentation and
actual Android verified behavior. Nevertheless initial replies where about
showing off some unrelated links and information without even considering
the simple information posted (or based on a single word found in the
middle, what a joke!).

At no time I mentioned what I think swipe means, I'm just referring to a
piece of documentation that's pretty clear on some expected behavior that
are no longer valid.

Not a single of those replies are actually referring to the bugged behavior
or the piece of actual documentation in original post. So who is really
condescending or being an asshole here?

FYI: Condescending means: having or showing an attitude of patronizing
superiority, eg telling others what to do and implying they don't
understand shit, like the first 3 replies.

Obviously this cannot be a policy change as the information provided to the
user is misleading (from original post: app is dead, Android says
otherwise) and actually breaks every widget apps on market, while Google
marked apps like HD Widgets and the likes as from great developers.

Or maybe Google wants to kill those great developers' apps and its own
reputation in recognizing the work of others. Very doubtful.

On Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:25:06 AM UTC+1, Piren wrote:

> First, i'll have to agree with Kristopher, you're being an asshole... tone
> down your rhetoric, people might be more inclined to help you.
> Second, you keep going on and on selling us what you think the swipe means
> and what users think the swipe means, who cares? the only thing that
> matters is what google thought it is, and sadly, they made practically no
> documentation of it.
>
> It is however supposed to keep services running.... sometimes :)
> See posts by Dianne here:
> https://plus.google.com/105051985738280261832/posts/GfwRYCC42uX
>
> And there's also a known bug about it here:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-developers/LtmA9xbrD5A
>
> And what you're describing might be another bug, or just a policy change
> which again was badly documented.
> Either way, the simplest solution to your issue will be to change the
> service to be a Foreground Service, it should* keep the service running.
>
> * With google, it's always a guess

---
"Android Developers" group.