That really should not fix things. :}  I suspect that whatever is happening
now is really not what you want.  If the -real- service you are wanting to
bind to does not have an intent-filter, you need to make sure you use
android:exported="true" on it so other .apks can find it.  Also you can do
"adb shell dumpsys package" to get a big dump of everything that the package
manager things is on your phone, to see if your service is correctly
included in the intent filter mapping for services.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.