The possibility that the RemoteCallbackList instances are different is
interesting if seemingly impossible as it is declared in my service's
class definition like this:

public class TestService extends Service
{
        //Table of clients interested in hearing from us
        final RemoteCallbackList<ITestServiceCallback> m_aClients = new
RemoteCallbackList<ITestServiceCallback>();
}

Unregistration is impossible as I have logging of both registration
and unregistration and more importantly, whenever a new client comes
in to register (as I explained verbosely above) I iterate through the
RemoteCallbackList to find out how many instances are in there.

Dying objects is also impossible because, again, when a new client
registers, the code handling the .register() call (executing on the
thread pool's thread) tests the very first client's interface by
executing the callback, which the client application dutifully display
the message on its TextView that the service triggered its callback.)
All the while, when clients are not registering, once a second the
main service thread tries to use the RemoteCallbackList object to send
a "hello, a second has passed" message, but the RemoteCallbackList
always returns 0 from .beginBroadcast.  I have ensured that the
threads do not try to use the callback list at the same time so that
is not an issue either.

So, the problem is that I know for a certainty that at a period in
time when there are multiple client interfaces in the
RemoteCallbackList, the main thread is told that there are none while
the threadpool is told that there are several.

     Help! :) lol...