On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Matt Fach <matt.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for responding!!

Sure thing holmes.

> It seems like I had a hard time conveying what I want to do.  Basically I
> want to have multilevel listviews.  I have only got it where I can embed
> one list view in a list view.  Do you know of any good tutorials that show
> how to do this?

You can look at ExpandableListView
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/widget/ExpandableListView.html>
for a built in widget that supports one level of depth and see if you can
modify it for your needs.
You may even be able to bend ReyclerView
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/v7/widget/RecyclerView.html>
do your bidding.

However, neither this is going to be easy, or even likely doable.
Attempting to have a listview that itself has a list of listviews, each of
which themselves have lists of listviews, is just going to lead to you
having yourself a bad day.

Again, if you need to represent a hierarchical structure (think file
system) then you could very simply have a single activity that has a list
of items, where clicking any item starts a new instance of the same
activity with the list containing the children of the previously selected
node.

> So if you look at the graph, every node is going to be a list view, but
> the children at all the drugs which will have a description of the drugs.

That wasn't clear.

> I attached a couple pics of how the app look like so you have a better
> idea of what I am trying to do.

I see no pics attached.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CANCScgiCMw2zwR-V1vb6jz--WVg_Kfuxkex06MUrRKzWkiuk4g%40mail.gmail.com.