Matt,

Assuming your data has some sort of hierarchy (ie Graph_10.jpg), then you
only need one listview in an activity. As the user drills down into your
data (ie selects an element from the list), all you need to change is the
data displayed in the same listview. You don't need an infinite set of
nested listviews, you just need to change the data behind the listview.

In a nutshell, a listview has a dataAdapter providing the data. Once the
user makes a selection in the list view, change the data in the adapter and
use notifyDataSetChanged on the listview and the data displayed will change
to the new data set.

There are lots of examples on how to do this - Google is your best friend
here.

As an aside, you may want to do some research on Android UI best practices.
Looking at your data graph, I see two potential problems with a listview
solution.

1. (breadth issue) You might end up with a listview having scores of
elements at a particular level, and few will be willing to scroll all the
way through that list to find what they want. You might want to take a look
at the google contacts app as one way to handle this particular problem.

2. (depth issue) The other problem you face is it may take 10 or more steps
to drill down to the final piece of data. This is annoying to the user in
the number of clicks it takes to get to the bottom of the hierarchy, as
well as the difficulty of getting back to the top, the middle, or somewhere
else in that hierarchy. Very easy to get lost and frustrated with this
approach.

You may want to take a hard look at the real problem you are trying to
solve for the user with all this data and find a different UI strategy that
solves that problem.

I hope that helps shed some light on your questions, and good luck!

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CAEqej2PQu%2Ba%3DFuG29HVfYkqF6G_gD_EjwB4VktTrowWf%3DtrwVQ%40mail.gmail.com.