well apparently godaddy hosting is unwilling to add the mime type for apk
files. the response i got from them is below.

Thank you for your reply.  As previously stated, we are only able to add
MIME Types as an application/octet-stream.  We will not be able to install
the MIME Type that you requested at this time.  We apologize for any
inconvenience regarding this issue.

Does anyone know of a workaround using .net? Or does anyone know of a
reliable host that does support the mime type?